Sustainability is the ability to maintain a given level of activity. Lighthouse Infrastructure relates this capacity to our investment and asset management activities by strongly believing in:
- Environmental sensitivity: humanity is challenged by resource depletion and climate change. For the investments we make to be sustainable, they must efficiently utilise our scarce resources and care for the environment;
- Social responsibility: infrastructure assets provide essential services to communities they serve and inform and contribute to the public good. For their activities to be sustainable, investors and asset managers must provide access to infrastructure enabled services in a fair and an efficient manner
- Productivity: for any activity to be sustainable it must be productive. Investment activity must provide mutual benefits to users and to owners.
Lighthouse Infrastructure invests in sustainable infrastructure assets. We analyse and apply these elements in making our investment decisions, we measure and monitor our assets for these elements, and we make asset management decisions to improve these outcomes.
At Lighthouse we believe that our sustainability focus will generate long term prosperity for:
- Our investors: through superior risk adjusted returns over the long term;
- The community: who benefit from the productivity created and services generated by the assets which we manage and in which we invest;
- Our team: who benefit from the positive impact their work has for others and the long term career prospects this generates;
- Our business: by successfully adding value to the collective needs of our key stakeholders.